Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Friday, August 04, 2017

How To Do A Reflection Photo in ToolWiz App

Many people are asking me how I do these water reflection photos.....


today I will give a little step-by-step that I invented for myself and so you can try it out. I am using an app on my cell or tablet.

First you download to your tablet or cell phone the ToolWiz app. You probably can put it on your computer as well. It is so great you will love it.  (I am not affiliated.) I just found it. It was on the Play Store.


Then you pick a photo that you like and go to the ToolWiz app and it will show choices, pick Pro Editing. Pick the photo and then go to effects at the bottom.


At first you will just mirror your photo, so just click on mirror and pick how you want to mirror it. Below you see that I made an error on this one as the little hawk got in too deep in the water so you cannot see the hawk really. In mirror you can slide the picture around as well. This was the first one I did and I usually am in a rush to get one thing finished and start something else.

Then you go to water reflection on the same effects page.


In water reflections you can choose a variety of different kinds of water.  You can change the setting and mask also. You can change the intensity of the water with a slider and you can use drop wave.


Please enjoy some of the water reflections that I have made for you today and some from the past.



Here is little Spunky the hawk as he was when I first met him.


There are many other kinds of filters you can put on your photos as well.  This one has an artistic filter of some kind on it.


This photo has a grunge filter on it above.



You can also do black and white photos.


Here I put the pebbled water below the eagle.


This is everyone's favorite photo below, mine too.







I hope you enjoyed my little Water Reflection lessons. Give it a try it is so easy! I am not a photographer and have had no training, these little apps are just for fun!

It is extremely hot here and a good day to play with photos inside as it is too hot outside! For two months I have focused my attention on my story of the hawk.  Now I will do a variety of things, something different each day! Below is a reflection of the sunset on a friend's boat window.

I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also. I hope James likes all these reflections for Weekend Reflections!  Some are real and some are not.

I am having difficulty coping with the hot weather, it does not go well with leukemia, so I have cut down my social media and am having a rest.
Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.  This post is for these wonderful bloggers:

Floral Friday Fotos Thank you to Nick V
The Weekend in Black White  Thank you to Dragonstar
Weekend Reflections Thank you to James
Saturday's Critters  Thank you to Eileen
The Bird D'Pot  Sunday Thank you Hootin' Anni

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.




11 comments:

  1. Lovely images and very artistic Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, these all look like fun edits. I love the eagles and reflections. The flowers are beautiful. Playing on the computer and your photos is a fun way to pass some time if it is too hot outside. I hope you feel well, take care. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This works nicely. I love the "Sleeping Lady" photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the photo lesson and wonderful variety of nature photos ~ beautiful! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many great apps out there..I need one to add captions to my little videos that I take and for my mac if you know of one...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea! That is a very cool APP.
    Lot's of great photos in this post also.
    Thanks Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are incredible Nora -- the app, I am sure, is great, but it takes an artistic eye to know which picture to pick and how to play with it. You certainly have that. I hope your hot weather abates a little soon -- we had a week of hot hot and smoke from forest fires around Crater Lake (not near us, but the smoke drifted). it was nasty out -- but today was much much better. hopefully it will stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That is cool! I never knew that! Thank you! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS