Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Little Hawk in Eagles Nest Weekly Updates




Where is my baby says momma eagle?  I can't see my baby.  I see two eaglets and a hawk but one eaglet is .....

missing.  Oh dear!  Now I see the third eaglet, it is down there below the nest on a branch!
Well as you can guess, one of the eaglets fell out of the nest onto a branch below the nest a few days ago!  But all is well as the hawk came and sat beside the eaglet almost the whole time and comforted the eaglet!!  The hawk baby seemed to show her how to flap her wings in the wind and then showed her the ladder of branches up to the top to the nest.  Late one night the eaglet got herself back up to the nest and all was well again in little hawklet land.

Then little hawk had a fall!  He tried to land on the edge of the nest and the nest broke away a tiny bit and he fell a long way down but some branches stopped his fall and he was fine after a while.  I arrived just after and he was sitting in the sun preening and looking wonderful.  So he is ok now and the eaglet that fell is ok!!

Hawk showing his wings.
Momma eagle stands guard.
 Momma eagle with three eaglets in the nest.
 Three happy big eaglets.
Little hawk and two eaglets in the nest.
Little hawk looks at scary spice eaglet.
 The eaglets are big enough now to fledge or fly out of the nest. Little hawklet looks so small as he looks up.
 Little hawk and big eaglet in the nest.
Mom or Dad, I can't tell them apart too well, in the nest with her family.
 Very big and monster like eaglet!
 Black and White.

Happy eaglet family in the nest.

Some of the first pictures of little hawklet that I took below here, he was so cute as a baby hawklet.


 I guess you have to click on these as he is so small.





Memories of Little Hawk as a Baby above.


Mom eagle looks fantastic after caring for so many babies this year.
Flowers for the lovely residents of the street that the nest is on. I have become very attached to each of these lovely, kind people.
I had pneumonia and was very sick when I first went out to this nest.  Along with my leukemia, I was not in good shape.  I went out each day and did my videos and I gradually got better!  I have met so many kind, sweet people there.


A reflection made by an app below.

My Facebook Island Rambles has turned into a Fan Page for the Little Hawk!  And so has my YouTube!!!

I have around 50 videos of the little hawk on YouTube.  I am not sure what to put in here. Down below I put in a video that links to a collection of Baby Hawk Videos on YouTube that I did.
Video Section:













There are so many more videos, I don't know what to put in. My videos are all amateur videos and mostly hand held.  I have bought a video head but now have to learn how to use it properly!  I hope my videos will improve in time.


I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also.

Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.  This post is for these wonderful bloggers:
Sky Watch Friday  Thank you to the Sky Watch Team
Floral Friday Fotos Thank you to Nick V
The Weekend in Black White  Thank you to Dragonstar
Weekend Reflections Thank you to James
Saturday's Critters  Thank you to Eileen
Pink Saturday Thank you to Beverly
The Bird D'Pot  Sunday Thank you Hootin' Anni

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.




40 comments:

  1. The story of the eagles and the hawk would make a great children's story (great for adults, too!).I'm glad you are feeling better. Good for you to go out and take pictures even when you felt lousy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it would be a great childrens book! thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. This is such a fascinating tale and the best part is that it is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth, yes it is true and seems to have a very happy ending for all concerned! thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  3. FAb, fab fabulous! I've been following all this - amazing photos and stunning story. Thanks, and glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JoAnn, so many people love the little hawk, now he is a big hawk! thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  4. How interesting nora that you were able to follow the progress of all these birds in the nest even when you were not well. hope you are a lot beter now but the marvelous thing is you know more kind people. your shots and videos are marvellous and it will tak em a while to see them all. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret, yes I have met so many people out at this nest it is overwhelming as I am a hermit, a very painfully shy person. I am a recluse and I never go around people just wildlife. Now I have been forced to talk to people everyday and they are all very sweet and kind! It is so tiring for me though, I have to rest and I have not been able to talk to my bloggers on their blogs.

      Delete
  5. Very nice captured serie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi S.C thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  6. So glad the little one's fall ended ok. These are a fabulous collection of photos of the Eagle/Hawk family. I love everything about this whole story Nora, thanks again for all the time you've put into sharing it with us :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, I am really enjoying the interaction with the hawk and trying to see what he is like. I love to study wildlife and he is the cutest things I have ever met. I watch him and he watches me. He loves my husband though and seems to fly down to him at the beach and they sit together. While I am looking everywhere for the hawk.

      Delete
  7. Oh my, what an interesting series. Nature and it's community getting along---a lesson for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gayle, This hawk has brought all of the community together in many ways. The eagles and the hawk get along and many of the birders, and children and the community are all together at the nest. It has become a spiritual place for me, like a sacred place. I like it when there are only a few people there. The residents have been the most caring and wonderful people I have ever met. I feel I know many of them. I hope we can all leave them to the peace they deserve soon.

      Delete
  8. Hello, these are awesome photos of the eaglets and the hawk. I am glad the three eaglets are doing so well. It is a great story. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, Yes it makes me very happy! thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  9. Such a wonderful story. So glad all is working out well. Amazing that it has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mac, thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment. I really enjoy knowing you on FB also.

      Delete
  10. Wow! So wonderful that you have captured nature's unique nurturing ~ in some ways better than humans of late ~ You must be thrilled to have viewed the eagles and hawk and then to photograph them ~ grateful for you and your camera ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, I love your blog so much, sorry I have to catch up with you soon. Have been so busy. thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  11. This is such a great story you are documenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yogi, yes I am trying to study this little hawk, he is a mystery to all of us. How he got there and why did he survive and not be eaten. thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  12. Glad you are feeling better and you have a great photo series, here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, I am over the pneumonia now and feeling a bit better. I think the hawk healed me! I had to get out and see him every day! thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  13. Wow, lots of drama! It would make a good TV documentary. Glad everyone's OK and doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Spare Parts, yes it would make a wonderful tv show as well! thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  14. Great reflection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim, glad you like it. I was unsure you would accept it. thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  15. Wonderful eagle in black and white!! Lovely captures, as well...
    A great creative weekend, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  16. Wow! Amazing photos! Visiting from Saturday Critters...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  17. Hello, I have been enjoying seeing the eaglets and hawk grow. I would think they could leave the nest soon, if they have not already. It is awesome you have been there to photograph video them as they grow. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  18. The hawk looks so tiny next to his adoptive family, but he is obviously a very caring creature. What an incredible story this is! Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dragonstar, thanks so much for reading my story. I love the black and white theme you do. thanks so much for coming and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  19. I've so enjoyed this recording of life and fledging. What an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, thanks so much for joining us with your wonderful photos this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'. It's always appreciated and a pleasure to witness first hand with your blog.

      Delete
  20. Thanks for these lovely comments. I will come to each blog when I have time. There has been a lot going on on my Island Rambles Facebook Page and my blog is getting whammed with hits and my YouTube is crazy. I am a shy person and I thought no one would be interested in the topic of the hawk, I just like it for myself. It is overwhelming and I thank my blog friends for sticking with me through this unusual time period. I love your comments bloggers. Thanks to the new readers who have found me and seem to like the hawk story. It is still an ongoing story. I am still going to post my pictures, videos and blog posts on the hawk. I am taking a little break as my husband is ill. I do have many videos and photos that you have not seen yet. cheers, Nora

    ReplyDelete
  21. Liebe Nora,
    das sind ja ganz wundervolle Fotos, die Du uns von dem Adlernest und den 1. Flugversuchen zeigst. Verstehe ich das richtig? ein kleines Habicht-Baby hilft dem Adler-Jungen wieder zurück in sein Nest? Das ist sooooo wunderbar!!! Und Deine Aufnahmen sind unvergleichlich! Danke dafür!

    Ich wünsche Dir, dass Du bald wieder ganz gesund sein wirst! Ich drücke ganz fest die Daumen!
    Alles Liebe für Dich
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS