Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Cute Baby Hawk Photos





Today we went to the nest and the beach but ......


.....the hawk was far away flying with his family of eagles way up high in the sky.  I never got any good photos but I believe I did see him flying with the other eagles so I cropped in on the blurry photos to see.  My husband who has really good eyes, says he thinks it is the hawk also. Sorry for such bad photos. The eagles were far away on the other side of the bay. You can click on the photos to enlarge.


The eagles and eaglets were all flying well and the only one that had a crow following him was the white hawk!


One eaglet was still back at the nest site.


Since I never did get any good photos today, it is time to look at cute baby hawk photos!  It is interesting to look back at my first files of photos. I never thought he would survive. I did want to get attached! Good luck with that though.



I was so surprised to see the hawk. I am still so surprised that he is still alive. He looks so fragile in these photos.



Today, much later on, as we went on the way home just past the nest, but on a busy street, there was a beautiful white hawk sitting on a lamp post. It looked so much like Spunky I think it was him.

 You can just see the little hawk here on the left, he would hide from the huge eaglets and then the mother eagle would feed him. She sometimes fed him first.

I wonder if the eaglet ever thought he would eat the hawk. The hawk is being submissive here but as it got bigger it became the boss.


The stories I heard today were all about the hawk. One lady told me that he was at the beach on a tree yesterday and he does not peep anymore he has a more mature screech now.  Below can you see the hawk hiding in there.
 The mom eagle looks like she is telling us to all leave. She was a very nervous mom. You can see the baby hawk just left of her below.

Below is the hawk and behind him are the large wings of an eaglet.

 Below this is a mush of the hawk under an eaglets wings!

Another photographer friend said he went to the beach yesterday and the hawk was right there on the beach walking about, looking in the kelp like the eagles do. At the nest two of the eaglets flew down in front of him and went to a tiny puddle of water and had a play fight over it.We had a bit of rain. The eaglets had experienced rain before as I took pictures of them in the nest with the rain on them.



Two days ago when I was quite far away from the nest in a residential area, to my surprise the mother eagle flew over me with a huge bunch of grasses for the nest.

The tide was really low today and it was so beautiful in the little bay. I am so depressed that I did not get any pictures of the hawk today just the bad flying photos.


Here are better flying photos from two days ago when the eagles and their young flew right over me.






Oh here is a funny story, I can't remember if I put it in here already. A resident told me that the little hawk likes to play soccer in the middle of the street with pine cones.  A lady was driving in to take pictures of the nest and him and he was in the middle of the road playing soccer with the pine cone. He needs some street smarts. She drove slowly around him. The pine cone had a stick attached so it looked like a mouse.


I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also.  Well have a lovely week everyone!

Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:

MacroMonday 2 Thank you to Gemma Magical Mystical Teacher
Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team, Lady Fi
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart
ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Melody, the letter "C" for Cute Baby Hawk Photos!



HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS AND PEOPLE WHO LOVE THE BABY HAWK!!

17 comments:

  1. He really was adorable! Hooray for Spunky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following your updates on the Juvies and their adopted sib - Spunky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, the baby hawk is adorable. Awesome post and photos. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A soccer-playing hawk. Such personality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all so cute! Better than a soap opera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of camera and video device do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Such fluffy cuteness!!!
    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable by all means...

    Have a ♥-filled ABC-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫
    abc-w-team
    http://melodymusic.nl/21-c/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the nest!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures each and every one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, how adorable are the little ones! Lots of great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww - what sweet shots. Hope you're feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the update on Spunky and family. He is really getting around now. He is so cute and really does have a personality that is unique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the update on Spunky and familyHe seems like he is happy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a story...Once in a life time and you have it all recorded....must be made into a book Nora...Hope you and hubby are feeling OK... hug..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have enjoyed going to each of your sites over many years, I think it is over ten years now. I will never forget how kind and supportive you have been to me. Thanks so much for these wonderful comments. I read each of them and I am very thankful to have you visit my site. I really am grateful to the bloggers who have stuck with me over many years now. I thank you for joining me on my journey into blogland and I will never forget the kind comments you have given to me

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS